Each year, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) sponsors World IP Day as a unique opportunity to join with others around the globe to consider how IP contributes to the flourishing of music and the arts and to driving the technological innovation that helps shape our world. With this year’s theme, “Movies: A Global Passion,” the goal is to attract a broad swath of the community, from movie makers to movie protectors to movie lovers, and to educate them about IP issues in a fun and engaging way.
April 23 from 2 to 6 p.m.(Register to attend the Reception immediately following the event!)
Boulder Cinemark Theater
1700 29th St, Boulder
The event is free and open to the public. Click here for more information and to register.
Feature Speakers include:
- Donald Zuckerman, Colorado Film Commissioner, Director of the Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media, and former Hollywood Producer
- Gary Sharp, Chief Technology Officer of RealD (RealD also plans to demonstrate some exciting new cinema technology)
- Preston Padden, Executive Director of the Expanding Opportunities for Broadcasters Coalition
- Madeline Pollack, 6-time Emmy Award winning Producer
- Dan Boord, Director of the new Stan Brakhage Center for the Media Arts at the University of Colorado
- Steven Hoggard, Documentary Filmmaker
Sponsored by: CBA Intellectual Property Section, World Intellectual Property Organization, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, American Intellectual Property Law Association.