The practice of law is demanding. Our profession demands we give it our best: our time, our intellect, our ethics – our best selves. Today’s legal world is also complex: in this vast ocean of constantly changing laws, technology and social media, where do you begin if you have decided to venture out on your own and open your own firm?
In two and a half days, you will get the tools, information and building blocks you need to confidently open the doors to your new firm.
- Things to Consider When Deciding to Open Your Own Practice: Is It the Right Decision for You?
- Writing Your Business Plan
- What Does a Bank Want to See Before It Loans Money or Extends a Line of Credit?
- What Type of Entity Should You Choose When Starting Your Law Firm and Why
- All Things Accounting and Finance: From Accounts Payable to Billable Hours to Accounts Receivable
- Trust Account Management and Fee Agreements
- Key Aspects of Law Practice Management
- Manage Your Malpractice Exposure
- Malpractice Insurance
- The Practical Application of the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Marketing and Business Development
- Technology: Your First Partner
- The Importance of Social Media in Starting Your Own Firm
- Ethics of Social Media
- Professionalism in Your Practice